Sunday, February 1, 2009

January Flies By


I have not been keeping up on current blogging. On January 9th I delivered 20 paintings to Standford University. I spent every spare second of December painting then dragging my wet paintings from my cold studio to home at night to be placed around heater vents. I managed to finish five large new paintings for the show. Four of them are from a new series of Sonoma County barns in various stages of retirement. Then I spent the rest of January cleaning up my country studio, getting ready to start teaching small classes. Yesterday I celebrated the last day of the month by inviting painters out to the studio to paint the views. The weather was amazing! About fifteen painters showed up, brought potluck dishes and painted the the emerald fields sprinkled in Mustard Flowers.

1 comment:

Marcy Lenhardt said...

I admit I am USING you and your blog, as I couldn't find photo of painting of a pile of sheep I want to finish....really love your blog, seeing different subject matter n' good writing. Thanks for all you contribute!