Thursday, March 12, 2009


I remembered my camera today when I drove out to my studio. It's Thursday and I managed to waste most of the morning. Thursdays follow very busy Wednesdays where I teach seven art classes which always seems to use up more then one days worth of energy.
I love the end of winter. The hills and mustard flowers are breathtaking. I found myself pulling off to the side of the road to take multiple pictures of complacent cows in their emerald fields. None of my pictures did any of this justice. I realized after peering into my small camera screen that the experience was much more then visual. Its the experience of being surrounded by an orchestra of singing birds along with the smell of fresh growing grass after a winter shower and the feel of the cool winter breeze whispering " spring is almost upon us". If only I could paint that.

No comments: