Wednesday, November 15, 2017

My New Studio




It's official, Sky Ranch Studio is open.  We had a party in September to celebrate its completion and I started teaching classes there in October.  This has been crazy wonderful year!

Up until October, I had two studios.  One I used as a show studio in Sebastopol.  It was a room I rented for eleven years and it was in a beautiful Victorian home almost in the center of Sebastopol. I had done so because my other studio was a working one on my families ranch.  It was a partial basement with cinder block walls and old cabinets.  There were amazing views outside but no wall space to display .

Then in January I was given a gift or as I like to call it, "I won the studio lottery".  My father offered to turn the shop next to my home into a new studio.  He is a Studebaker man with an large car collection. The shop housed up to 9 cars at that time.

And then it happened.  Over the next seven months the once bat filled Studebaker shop transformed into a fabulous studio with gallery rooms.

I have always been a joyful person and feel blessed and sometimes even a little guilty that such an amazing place like that is mine.  Why "Sky Ranch Studio"?  When I was three, my mother and father purchased this piece of land from my grandparents and built a cabin on it.  My grandfather named it "Sky Ranch"

               



No comments: