Monday, December 27, 2010



It's winter break and I have so much time on my hands I do not know what to do with myself! I just completed my third semester of grad school along with teaching and Artrails. I am so used to the crazy nonstop every second filled schedule that when vacation comes, I am at a loss. Grad School continues to be the most amazing experience. I did not have any expectations about it and have learned more in the last year then all my art years combined. This growth is both painful and exciting as I try to undo some of my old habits and replace them with better skills. This last semester I was introduced to portrait painting. A skill that I never knew I would posses and enjoyed learning.
I also painted one of my most favorite landscape/cow paintings this semester. It was done in a much more subtle color scheme then I usually paint and I tried to focus on atmosphere.

No comments: