Saturday, May 30, 2009





One week away from Art at the Source! The above tractor painting is one of two paintings I started last week. I was hoping to go out to the tractor place today to finish them. The weather did not cooperate, remaining cold and foggy all day so I had to work from a photos in my studio.



Lots happened last week. Saturday I found out I was accepted to the San Luis Obispo Paint Out, Tuesday I was accepted into Tiburon's Art Festival and Wednesday was my birthday. During all this I am also finishing up my school year where I teach 3rd through 8th grade art at a private school.


My 3rd and 4th grade students are finishing up an "Art Chair" for the Marin fair. The chair is a "Godzilla" theme since we have two very educated "Godzilla" experts in my third grade class. Their passion for Godzilla is contagious. This is the third year I have done an art chair with my students. We start with a chair, add form using chicken wire, paper mache it and each student creates a small piece to add. Thursday was the last day to paper mache and I am so relieved. Now all we have left is painting and adding the buildings underneath.

1 comment:

A Week In The Life of A Redhead said...

I love this paper mache piece with your kids. I noticed there is a video of you teaching on You Tube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYKauQ8hV0Y&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fvideosearch%3Fhl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom%2Emicrosoft%3Aen%2Dus%3AIE%2DSearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7ADBF%5Fen%26q%3Dwend%2520brayton%2520art%26um%3D1%26ie%3DUTF&feature=player_embedded I'd love for you to post it on 8 women - it is great! Are you open to doing this?

I love the video - let me know...
Cath